LINK Inc.Living Independently in Northwest Kansas
Introducing our newest staff member “LINK”
Benefits of Pet Therapy (PAWS for People, Healing Pet Therapy since 2005)
For mental health-
- Decreases isolation and depression
- Causes many to feel calm
- Bridges communication gaps
- Provides comfort
- Reduces boredom
- Lowers anxiety and decreases agitation
- Creates motivation for client to recover faster
- Reduces loneliness
- Diminishes emotional pain in seniors
For physical health-
- The act of petting produces an automatic relaxation response
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, heart attacks, & stroke
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Breathing slows in those who are anxious
- Releases many hormones such as Phenyl ethylamine which has the same effect as chocolate
- Diminishes overall physical pain
Anyone can benefit
- Increases socialization/ encourages communication
- Helps person focus
- Can bring person back to present
- Inner contentment may not be verbally expressed but can be seen in eating better, sleeping better & greater cooperation
- Maintain & increase motor skills
- Increase movement in joints & recover faster
- Provides motivation to move more, stretch farther, and exercise longer
Stop in to see him!
LINK, Inc. is a Center for Independent Living and provides 5 Core Services to individuals with disabilities of all ages and disability types.
Direct Support Worker
Direct Support Workers are the heart of our services. They assist people with disabilities in completing activities of daily living.
Main Office Hays
2401 E. 13th Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone Number: 785-625-6942
Toll Free: 800-569-5926
LINK is a non-profit organization and receives funding from various sources. LINK, Inc., and its’ Independent Living Services Program are funded in part LINK, Inc., and its’ Independent Living Services Program are funded in part through Rehabilitation Services, the state vocational rehabilitation agency in Kansas. Grant Funding was comprised of State General Funds and Federal Funds. Federal funds are authorized under PL 105-220 VII Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. Program Title: Independent Living—State Grants CFDA/Subprogram No. 93-369. The contents and/or events of LINK, Inc., programs do not necessarily represent the policies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and or Kansas Department of Rehabilitation Services, and you should not assume endorsement by the State or Federal Government. Please help us help others through your generous tax deductible donation.
This program complies with the provision of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, pub. Law 93-112, Section 504, Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act. This means that no person shall be excluded from participation, denied any benefits, or subjected to any form of discrimination because of his or her race, religion, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or political affiliation.
Staff members provide Independent Living Skills, Peer Support, Advocacy, Information and Referral and Deinstitutionalization to 37 counties in Western Kansas. The following counties are served: Cheyenne, Rawlins, Decatur, Norton, Phillips, Smith, Sherman, Thomas, Sheridan, Graham, Rooks, Osborne, Wallace, Logan, Gove, Trego, Ellis, Russell, Rush, Pawnee, Barton, Rice, Greeley, Wichita, Scott, Lane, Hamilton, Kearny, Finney, Stanton, Grant, Haskell, Gray, Morton, Stevens, Seward and Meade.
“LINK, Inc. provides advocacy and services for the needs and rights of people with disabilities and further empowers them to experience the highest quality of Life, Independence and Equality.”